Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Getting Some Words in Edgewise

At last, I can finally add "blogger" to my CV.

The other purpose of this blog is to have some fun with words; written, spoken, performed, and otherwise. I read and write and research for work and for pleasure, and over the course of a day I usually come across a good quote or underused word or phrase or idiom that is new or interesting to me. Mrs. Word Player and I are also amateur neologists, but we are shy about introducing our new concoctions at cocktail parties.


Artist Trish Grantham's "Must Find Solid Ground"

Now, I have someplace to play around with these words of my day and record the moments we shared for posterity.

The first quote I'll share was almost repurposed for the name of the blog itself, as it's a longtime favorite.

"I hate water. Fish fuck in it."
W.C. Fields (comedian/actor/misanthrope)

Upon reflection, that one's pretty self-explanatory.

No comments: