Yesterday I read a stimulating article in the NY Times about "life lists": lists people make of goals and experiences they want to achieve before they die. I think "death list" has a lot more urgency than "life list", but the point is that writing about these lists has become a cottage industry and I want in.
One of the sources quoted was 43Things.com, a website where you can join "1,217,358" people in making out a list of 43 things you want to do, then see who else shares your aspirations (for instance, 138 people want to learn Hungarian before their ticket is punched).
Instead of writing up a life list, I thought I'd make a blog list of 43 subjects I want to blog about before I expire and/or tire of blogging. So, with no further talk of my inevitable death...
1. The maxims of Nicholas-Sebastien Roch de Chamfort
4. Truisms that aren't true
5. The excuse "Sorry, I've been really busy"
6. Words I hate myself for having to constantly look up
7. "Greatest Hits" from my portfolio of screenplay coverage
8. The importance of a good title to books, movies, TV shows
9. Fantasy Baseball
10. Pascal's Wager
12. The Inner Game of Tennis
16. Email etiquette
18. Socrates and Plato
19. High school survival stories
20. Ghost stories
22. David Cronenberg's DEAD RINGERS
23. Ray Bradbury's THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES
29. Homophones & Homonyms
31. Mad Libs
33. Memory vs. History
37. Writing poetry
38. Bad ideas vs. Good ideas
39. The voices inside our heads
1 day ago